Old November 24th 03, 09:45 AM
Odd Erling N. Eriksen

Gene Storey wrote:

In Ham radio we can use a tactical address (LAX-1, SPACE-1), etc.
I would just use something like that, and then ID the transmission via
the payload data, such as "LB1LF Space Satellite"

-I was thinking of doing it like this - just curious as to if it was
possible to put a longer call into an address field. Working packet abroad,
for instance - RA3A/LB1LF will hardly fit into six octets... :-)

The tactical address, btw, is NCUBE-1, assigned call is LA1CUBE.
(See www.rocketrange.no/ncube if interested - unfortunately,
there is not much information on the amateur payload. In short, the
secondary objective of the satellite will be 9k6 digipeating. Depending
on how much memory is available after all the programming is done, perhaps
limited store-and-forward capability will be added as well.

Thanks for your input. Hopefully AMSAT will respond to my enquiry as
well. There are quite a few details to work out if one wishes to do it
all by the book. :-)

--
73 de LB1LF

Odd Erling, ARK

Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.