Old December 26th 05, 08:19 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy
GARETH

Default Time for the _REAL_ Radio Ham to make a stand?

"AmateurCB" wrote:
"Pierian Spring" wrote in message
oups.com...
It seems that anyone of those who are involved ...

The difference between licence categories is now merely a sop to the few
hams who still retain their licences and want to pull-up-the-ladder
behind them in a pathetic attempt to feel superior. This is what you have
just said this in several paragraphs, but my one brief sentence says it
more plainly.

Having several licence classes from CB upwards (is that the right word?)
is an administrative nonsense. Ofcom has already realised this, aided
greatly by RSGB's incompetent bungling in trying to maintain its jobs.

The arbitary categories ARE on the way out, regardless of what you or I
may say about it. We have only to wait and see.

I agree with you AmateurCB, there should only be ONE license class!