Old December 27th 05, 02:35 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Chuck

Default BCD396T questions 12/26/2005

After about 14 hours, you will get a "charge complete" message. It is
a timer based system, not a current based charger.

My BCD396T contains firmware version 1.07.01. The radio is expected to be
used only to monitor the Michigan APCO-25 system.

I was not able to find the answers to the following in the BCD396T's manual:

1. With the radio off and the charger plugged in, page 34 indicates that
when the batteries are fully charged one will see the message: "Charge
Complete." After many hours of such charging, I still see the charging
message: " Normal Charging."
Is the manual correct and eventually I will see a Charge Complete
message?

2. Uniden's site provides a vague sentence description of the enhancement
between 1.08 and 1.09 versions of the radio's firmware.
What is/are the improvements between 1.07 and 1.08? Have improvements
been noted with the use of 1.08 or 1.09?

Thank you. Regards, Mac