Old December 27th 05, 12:38 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jan Panteltje

Default If the ideal lenght of an antenna is 1/4 Wave lenght then way are the Car Cellular antennas are longer then this ?

On a sunny day (Tue, 27 Dec 2005 02:03:01 GMT) it happened "Jim Hampton"
wrote in :

Hello, Tomerbr

Check out this URL:

We'll try and give you an honest answer.

Antennas can direct energy in an specific direction (and kill radiation in
other directions) to end up with a definite "gain" where you wish to
communicate with.

Check the group out or e-mail me with questions at

I always thought 1/4 length was easier because you can make one easily from 1/1 length
by breaking in half exactly two times.
And then you have 4, so more economic too.