Old December 27th 05, 03:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default 6v & 90v DC Power supply

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 02:02:15 GMT, "James F. Mayer"
wrote:

I need to generate 6v DC and 90v DC from a 12v DC automotive electrical
system to power an RT-70A/GRC surplus military radio. I need about 250 mA
at +6 volts and about 75 mA at +90 volts. I was thinking about using the
guts from an old battery back up but it would be a bit of a kluge. Are
there any 90 volt regulators in the 78xx series? How do I get the voltage
up to where I can get something that I can get the 90 volts from. Getting
the 6 volts doesn't seem to be a problem. A 7806 off the battery should
work for that unless any of you can see a problem doing that. Maybe the
common common would be a problem. Right now I'm running it off of an HP6299A
and an HP6236B with commons jumpered. I'd like to be able to go portable
with it.

Google "GLOWBUGS" as there are a number of small tube based sites
that have dealt with this problem.

Allison
Spam/adverts severly not wanted.