Old December 28th 05, 02:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.design
Rich Grise, but drunk

Default 6v & 90v DC Power supply

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 01:34:30 +0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"Rich Grise, but drunk" wrote:

Well, tastes vary, but really! Who wants a music box that makes it
sound like you're at a skating rink? ;-P

People like the old Hammond organs like the B3 because the can't go
out of tune. The mechanical tone generator makes sure of that. They
only sound like a skating rink in, get this, A SKATING RINK!

Well, being the insufferabley pedantic researcher that I am, I came
up with a page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammond_organ

that about a third of the way down, says:
"... Accurate imitation of the Hammond sound with simple electronic
circuitry was difficult, because the subtly-changing phase relationships
between tonewheels could not be easily replicated...."

OK, fair enough. :-)

I guess a piano is even harder - they don't even reproduce well from a
live recording! :-)

Cheers!
Rich