Old December 2nd 03, 06:05 PM
larry

Default needing input on 802 standard

Greetings

My name is Larry and my callsign is ve3fxq.
I have a problem. Though I have been licenced since 1964, I feel like the
perferbial newbie. I have been away from amateur radio from around the mid
90's until now. I got my hf and vhf equipment reconnected this summer and
found radio activity far lower than when I left it in mid 90's.
Now I am retired and need a shot in the arm with some insight with the new
technology.
I am now reading about a stardard called 802....
What is it.
I am also hearing the people are using 2.5 ghz and 5.0 ghz
I am not sure where to begin asking questions so... does anyone know of a
website that can educate me on this new 802 standard and how that frequency
is gotten to.
I hate to say this but etc, etc.

Larry ve3fxq