Old December 28th 05, 04:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bill Kraski

Default E1 Vanishes From The Source

David wrote:

So why doesn't Radio Shack sell the best consumer radio on the market?
They sell other Etons.

If you look at their sat radio stuff, there is no XM equipment. At least
any ads I've seen since I became interested, Radio Shack seems locked into
Sirius, to the exclusion of anything that could be directly linked to
receiving XM broadcasts. Too bad, because they miss out on the E1, plus
the Porsche Design Etons (p7131 & p7132). Any other Etons don't compete
with the tie to Sirius.

Invader3k made a good point, too. The E1 really doesn't fit in with the
price scheme of the other electronics Radio Shack sells. It's not exactly
the prime source for getting the best in home theater or shortwave
equipment. Their market is closer to entry level.

Bill K