Old December 29th 05, 02:03 AM
Flashman Flashman is offline
Junior Member

Default Sony ICF-SW100s geeks: This thread is for you!

Hello Everyone,

I understand that the icf-sw100s has a problem with the clamshell lid/ribbon cable. Sony apparently corrected the problem in October of '97.

My questions:

1) Is it possible to identify a pre-revision unit by serial number alone? Corollary: is there a "birthdate" sticker on Sony products that details exactly when a particular unit left the factory? If it's any help, the unit I was looking at had a serial number of 27180.

2) Is there still a vendor for the repair kits that Sony offered?

Part no. = X-3372-340-1
Desc. = kit mcb, flexible

I poked around the Sony site a bit: nothing. I'm assuming the kits are long out of stock, but please do tell me if there's a vendor that still stocks these.

Finally, is there a vendor left with *new* stocks of these radios? I know I'm really reaching here, but might there be a warehouse in Nebraska with a few of these laying around, collecting dust? I know it's not likely, but still... ¬_¬

If anyone has one of these for sale (post '97 revison _only_ please) do let me know. I can't promise anything, but tell me what you have, condition, price, and we'll go from there.

Well, I think that's everything. Any infomation or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Flash