Old December 29th 05, 05:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
clifto

Default Newsweek "Bush's Snoopgate" - [time for impeachment]

wrote:
Just for laughs Clifto, join me in a little thought experiment. A
"Liberal" media would naturally give Democrats the benefit of the
doubt, cut them slack at every oppurtunity, and hammer the Republicans
relentlessly. Goes without saying right? Let's look at two examples.
1. Whitewater. Lifelong Republican, Robert Fisk spends nearly a
year and ablout 5 mil. of your tax dollars investigating.

The media then latch onto the O.J. Simpson trial as though it was news,
and dedicate every waking moment to televised coverage to divert the
attention of most everyone while Shrillary pulls some strings and
calls in some favors and gets the whole thing swept under the rug.

The Robert Blake trial was much more interesting. Did it get ANY
television coverage?

2. Jeff Gannon. Who? You know, the male prostitute who for a year
and a half, posed as a fake reporter from a fake news agency to ask
fake questions at White House press conferences.

I'll read up on that.

So next time when you reflexively start to describe the media as
"liberal," perhaps you'll pause for a moments honest reflection. Nah,
too much effort I'll bet.

I've been looking for a single rational comment about a Republican from
the mainstream media for quite a few years now. I feel like Diogenes
must have felt.