Old December 29th 05, 03:04 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Spike

Default What's it all about? - FAQ

Know Code wrote:

Orator For Decency wrote:

and we welcome all those who are prepared to put themselves
out in order to join our ranks!)

You might want to re-word that.... do you know what 'putting out' means
to youngsters these days?

It is to be noted that the OP also said, elsewhere, that "I wouldn't
recommend anyone whose background is in transistorised QRP
to tackle the neutralising of a compact PA stage with 600 VDC on the
anodes after replacing the antenna coupling capacitor ".

So, take warning that the so-called FAQ is not to be taken literally;
there are safety criteria that limit its generality. The author has
yet to publish these.

It is, for example quite unclear what the difference between a compact
PA with 600VDC on the anodes, and a non-compact PA that is otherwise
the same.

In that context, it is best ignored.

from
Aero Spike