Old December 29th 05, 09:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank Dresser

Default CBS/Infinity and IBOC-AM?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'll check KCBS in the AM, but it has been my experience that that IBOC
isn't always turned on. It's not like anyone is using the service. ;-)

Yeah, that's been my expirence, so I didn't think much when I didn't hear
the noise. IBOC started intermittently on the two CBS stations here, but
had run continously during the daytime for maybe a couple of months. I
don't think I've heard the sidbands on either station for about 3 weeks.

Clear Channel's AM stations in Chicago continue to use IBOC.

Some, not many but some, people should be using the service. There were a
few rather expensive IBOC receivers introduced this year. IBOC was supposed
to be building momentum now.

It seems curious that a couple of big time clears have turned off the IBOC
sidebands during the Christmas season.

Frank Dresser