Old January 18th 04, 05:22 PM

I want to say i love packet and i feel sory to see it dying.
But i believe in it. I believe it still has life.
It can still give services. We need imagination and Speed.
Packet must move on 2 Ghz and more, maby 3 or 4 ,keeping
at the same time the today speeds 1200, 9600 as backup.
New rigs, or maby up converters at the first steps must be build.
A packet up there and fast is not the same with wireless today nets.
It will be more free and controlable from the operator.
This is the first class position who belong to packet.
Real time video,voice and data at the same time.
Thats the packet im dreaming
Anyway thanks all for your replies.

73 SV1EMU =20

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:24:08 -0500, "Ralph Mowery" =
wrote:

Hi . I have just buy the 1278b, and the included software is
rediculus. Multicom (Dos).
They have a old win version at their site but they *sell it* !!!!!
A product with no software for today PC's ?
Are these guys for real ?

Anyway does anyone know any today soft who work with this thing?
Why i feel like sucker ?

Most any communications rs232 type software will work with it. Windows =

has
a terminal program that will let you run the TNC. You just won't have =

all
the special hot key commands that are specific to packet. That thing =

has to
be 10 or 15 years old by now. While I can't speak for the whole world, =

in
many areas the packet operation is much a thing of the past except for =

the
DX clusters.

73 SV1EMU