Old December 30th 05, 02:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Notme

Default How to sell a Drake R8B?

I think it is. I've been looking to buying a receiver and have seen a
number of Icom R75's, JRC NRD-525's, and Drake R8's come and go in the
last few weeks. Although there isn't an R8B listed, if you do a
search for Drake R8 you'll find 2 R8's for sale right now. The price
on one looks low, but remember most of the bidding seems to take place
in the last hour of the auction. If you have an ebay logon you can
search completed listings. An R8B sold there for $1,399 on 12/26. I
don't know that much about the R8 series, and I'm wondering how they
got twice the price of an R8, but they did.

In general, I've sold quite a bit of stuff on ebay (mostly motorcycle
parts and knives) and have never had a problem with a buyer. I would
advise having a paypal account, though, because most people who do
business there use paypal. Good luck with your sale.
Lee

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:04:39 -0800, David Ellis
wrote:

I'm thinking of selling the receiver on eBay but eBay has no
R8B listed. Is eBay a good place to sell an R8B?
--David