Old December 30th 05, 03:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Default How to sell a Drake R8B?

Michael Lawson wrote:
"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

David Ellis wrote:
I'm thinking of selling the receiver on eBay but eBay has no
R8B listed. Is eBay a good place to sell an R8B?
--David

I think you will find Ebay to be a very good place to sell your used
Drake. You will certainly get a wider audience than would be

possible
in any other venue.

Search the closed auctions for an idea of what the radio might

bring.
Unless you just want to move the radio, consider using a reserve to
cover your minimum price, set the opening bid low and let the

bidding
begin.

Oh yeah, be as complete and open in the auction description as

possible.

Unless he'd rather skip the middleman and sell it
to me for $500. ;-)

--Mike L.

There's always been a middleman it seems. Once upon a time long long
ago I remember selling and buying radios on Fidonet BBS Shortwave,
Compuserve Hamnet and using the consignment shelves and bulletin board
at EEB.