Old December 30th 05, 05:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Joe Analssandrini

Default How to sell a Drake R8B?

Dear John,

You're right. I guess I could have asked my question more
diplomatically. I certainly didn't mean to be argumentative. I just
hope that David is not abandoning the shortwave hobby. While I never
owned a Drake R8, I know it is one of the very best receivers out there
and, even if I were buying something else, I would want to keep it.
(Can you have too many SW radios?) There is no question that someday it
will be considered a "classic" and should command a much higher price
(both in absolute AND relative terms) than it does today.

I know that, frankly, it is none of my business. I am just curious. I
do hope that, if he does in fact sell the radio, he gets a good price
and the radio goes to a good home.

Best,

Joe

Joe Analssandrini wrote:
Dear David,

This is just out of curiosity and you don't have to reply if you don't
want to, but WHY would you sell a Drake R8B?

Best,

Joe

Odd and slightly argumentative question, but my guess is he wants the
cash more than the radio.