Old December 31st 05, 02:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Ellis

Default How to sell a Drake R8B?

wrote:
In addition to the sound advice already offered, I suggest that you
take a lot of very clear, high resolution photos of the R8B and post
them in your ad. Such photos will make people feel more comfortable
about bidding, and about later increasing their bids.

The R8B was the best in its class, in my opinion. You'll have no
trouble selling it. The only question is: What's going to take the
place of the R8B in your shack?

Steve

Good idea to put photos up. I have a web site and have in
the past, when selling photo equipment, put a bunch of high
quality, well lit, detailed photos on the site, then put a
link to it on the eBay page. I believe the photos resulted
in selling a 20-year-old Pentax XL with fast lens for $600
when I'd expected to get $100. Thanks for chiming in on this.

Regarding the shack, I'll respond to that in a reply to one
of posts below.
--David