Old January 27th 04, 01:14 PM
user

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 01:14:17 -0800, Jack Twilley wrote:

"Steve" == S Sampson writes:

Steve The rigblaster just uses the DTR and RTS signals of a serial
Steve port. Here's some code I wrote in Linux to play with mine. It
Steve basically just changes the state of the DTR and RTS signals.

Thanks for the code segment. I may have asked the wrong question.

Here's another try: can this box do everything a good TNC can do, and
what modifications need to be made to programs that expect a standard
TNC?

I think you're severely confused about what the rigblaster is...
it's a serial interface, used primarily to assert PTT and do
some audio level management for digital modes. It has
absolutely nothing even REMOTELY close to having TNC
functionality.