Old December 31st 05, 03:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default How to sell a Drake R8B?

m II wrote:

Notme wrote:

If you sell it on ebay do the buyer a favor and DO NOT ship it at the
post office. I bought an NRD-525 on ebay on 12/24. The little
shipping stores were closed and the seller tried to do me a favor by
sending it US mail. Six days later it hasn't made the six hour trip
from San Diego to Phoenix and the post office tracking number provides
no status information at all. It is useless, just like their service.

I've had just the opposite results. The Postal Services in Canada and
the US have been very good and reasonably priced. UPS on the other hand
has practiced extortion on me every single time I've used them. Double
billing on the shipping costs is a favourite trick of theirs.

I hate UPS.
mike

I have to deal with the scum every day. If it's UPS you pick make sure
you insure it.