Old January 1st 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Steven Fritts

Default 450 ohm ladder line matching (HELP)

I would never use RG 58... use a good RG 8 or RG 213 instead of the
ladder line for proper impedance to the antenna and rig.

Steve

On 31 Dec 2005 16:51:02 -0800, "
wrote:

I wonder if u could help me, i have a tri-band beam erected and am
considering using 450 ohm feeder due to the less amount of loss on the
line (as opposed to RG58)

The radio i am using is an IC-756PROII, with inbuilt ATU, will i be
able to connect the feeder direct to the beam and run it straight into
the back of my 756 (using 259 connector) ??

Or will i requrie a balun at either the beam or radio end???

hope you can shed some light on this, have got a bit confused with it

thanks in advance

Stephen Catterall

VK3SC