Old January 1st 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Eskay

Default An Antenna for the FT-857D

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 21:09:53 GMT, west wrote:

Been away from Ham Radio for over 20 years and am ready to buy a Yaesu
FT-857D (160-6 & 2; .7m, also 60m). I have a relatively small lot and was
wondering with all those bands, what am I going to use for a good DX
antenna(s). I have a dear friend in Australia that it would be great if I
could hook up with him. Any thoughts? Thank you.

Cordially,
west
AF4GC (Tampa Bay, Florida)

HI
You might consider the Hexbeam, It is a five band antenna and very
compact and light. Google for it and you will find all kinds of info.
Eskay.