Old January 1st 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Ken

Default Pro 95 question about rebanding

"Doc" wrote in message
The most accurate answer involves a question. Are your local Public

service
frequencies in the 800MHZ band?
"Larry Copenhaver" wrote in message
Radio Shack does not list this radio as being upgradable. My question

is
this: After rebanding in the near future, will this scanner be obsolete

and
useless? I live in rural Southwest Virginia.

The Pro 95 will not be upgradable & IF your public service bands are Trunked
800 Mhz, you'll be S.O.L. But I wouldn't call it absolute & useless,
there's still
plenty of bandwidth to enjoy. You just won't be able to listen to trunked
800Mhz public service ferqs. It's still a keeper.