Old January 1st 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.shortwave
Bill

Default Worst e-bay of all

Smokey wrote:

Ebay is imploding and I think we
will see them either sold or out of business entirely in a couple years.
Yahoo auctions, although small by eBay standards here in the US are larger
than eBay already in Japan.

Yahoo had the market in Japan quite a while before ebay ever came to the
scene there. I'm registered there and have purchased a couple of items.
In the US it seems Yahoo Auctions is doing the slow implosion, along
with countless other ebay wannabees who have fired and missed.

People naturally want to sell their stuff where there is the highest
volume of viewers regardless of what site it is. I can understand
people getting into a tiff over fees and screwups and marching off to
the The Number Two Auction Site. But that will neither kill off the big
bear nor will it enhance Number Two. In fact, I didn't realize
Yahoo(US) was still doing auctions until just recently when someone
mentioned it. I haven't checked their offerings in years, literally.
It gained a reputation years ago as being a place for sellers who were
thrown off of ebay. Thats probably where this 'alisher' guy will show
up next and I imagine they neither will refund bidders who get scammed.

Just my 2 cents worth, with no added handling fees.

-Bill