Old January 1st 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default RARE admission by Radio Mart L@@K

In article ,
"basfm6" wrote:

The "private" sales stem from many folks here contacting his bidders
warning them about his supposed questionable character. One or two
folks here found his online auctions and started calling him a crook,
then many more folks who have never had a single dealing with him
joined the bandwagon. Radio-Mart isn't doing anything different than
the normal used gear seller... he just doesn't hide his practices as
well. Millions of salespeople use these tactics all day long. If true
problems develop Ebay will pull his registered status or kick him
off, but he's far from being that bad. The situation concerns him,
his buyers, and Ebay... everyone else is either jealous, enjoys
causing trouble, or can't afford his stuff. If you don't like his
practices, then don't bid.

wrote in message
oups.com...

If Radio-Mart(RM) was an honest broker, then there would be no need
for the private sales.

"Radio-Mart isn't doing anything different than the normal used gear
seller... he just doesn't hide his practices as well. Millions of
salespeople use these tactics all day long."

Nice justification. I'll be sure to ignore your advice in the future.

Radio-Mart is into buying radios on Ebay and then turning around and
selling them on Ebay for a higher price and pocketing the difference.
It makes perfict sense to look for radios that are undervalued and then
resell them. I and most other people have no problem with that. The
problem is he does not tell the truth about where he got the radios and
the condition of the radios. I don't understand why he is compelled to
do tell stories about the radios he sells but it does not generally
cross the line into outright fraud and treads around in a grey area so
he will continue to be controversial topic in the news group. Going
"private" will further take his sales into the grey area and apparently
that and the story telling are risks he is willing to take. Buyer
beware.

I have not contacted nor am I aware of anyone else who has contacted
bidders about Radio Mart auctions. They may have read about him on
Usenet, which would eliminate any reason to contact them.

I don't care one way or the other about Radio Mart but people that buy
from him should be informed about the way he conducts his business.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California