Old January 2nd 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Doc

Default help me get started please

"Burt Smith" wrote in message
. com...
wrote:
Hi,

This year, Santa brought be a Radio-Shack PRO-97 scanner. While this
scanner is getting great reviews on the net, its user's manual assumes
a far more knowledgeble user than myself. Is there a website, or
article or book I could turn to to learn 1) scanning/radio basics and
2) a more gradual step-by-step explanation on how I can use my new
scanner?

Thanks,

VS

I think the best way to learn about the PRO-97 is to get good programming
software. As you have probably found out, programming by hand is a pain.

The best I have found is Win97. Good user interface and you learn a lot
about your scanner from using the program.

Check this link.

http://www.starrsoft.com/software/win97/default.asp

Burt
KF6YIQ

I'll second that, even seasoned scanner users don't want to go back to
manually programming their radios after using a version of starrsoft
programming software for their radio. It not only makes programming
painless, it also helps you understand just how the scanner uses the
different programming aspects.