Old January 1st 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default CBS/Infinity and IBOC-AM?

Well, if they don't protect the AM clear-channel stations any longer --
that will mess with coverage area maps - no doubt. And then just how
exactly will the advertising department sell evening drive time slots.
"We think on cloudy days you may reach this area, but on sunny days you
can only go so far. I suppose the FCC doesn't really want to deal with
all this which may be why they are doing the "whorehouse" thing. I
know I'm just an old fuddy duddy but it does seem that radio as we knew
it is going to be no longer. And I'm sure there will be great benefits
in the new system so to speak -- whatever that ends up being -- but for
now -- it's looking like " the good ole days" were really good.