Old January 2nd 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Using BBC Worldservice in class

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 00:45:36 GMT, Bob Miller
wrote:

Here in the U.S. most political conservatives look upon England/Europa
as having "liberal" values and would be up in arms if their precious
kids were listening to BBC in the classroom.

Perhaps it is happening in some schools, but I have not heard of it.
We're having a hard enough time getting evolution taught without
intellectual design/creationism getting equal weight.

Remember, this is the country where French Fries (that's what we
normally call our fried potatoes) were renamed Freedom Fries when the
French called Bush's bluff on WMDs...

bob
k5qwg

Is it really true that 40% of Americans believe in the literal truth
of adam & eve, noah & the ark etc??

When I heard it I thought it was part of some comedy sketch show...now
I'm not so sure..!