Old January 2nd 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
craigm

Default Yaesu VR-5000 ?

m II wrote:

Jim Hackett wrote:

While it is far from perfect, it IS my favorite radio. The manual is a
joke...

I've gone through the reviews and find it confusing. I don't think I've
ever seen a radio with such polarized reviews. People seem to think
they're great or that they're junk.

The inadequate Chinese power supply seems to be one of the biggest
concerns, as version 1.7 firmware has apparently fixed a lot of the
problems.

The extreme width of the coverage makes this an appealing set. I will do
more research.

mike

Mike,

The radio has a cool display but very poor dynamic range. Almost any antenna
will provide too much signal.

Craigm