Old September 23rd 03, 02:01 AM
Dave Mohr

Just to add another twist to this, the former Marine in Florida who was
flying the U.S. flag, against the HOA rules (on a flagpole). He won the
initial battle, but now the HOA has prevailed, on court costs, and his home
is being siezed and auctioned to reimburse the HOA.

Hannity & Combs website has info on this.

"Alan Beagley" wrote in message
I am still waiting for the lawyer to review the CC&Rs for the property
we are hoping to buy, but in the meantime . . .

Does anybody have any knowledge or experience whether a tower is a
"structure," as the term is used in CC&Rs? -- e.g., "No structure may
be erected on any of the lots except for a single-family dwelling . . .
[then come the size limitations}. No more than one outbuilding may be
erected on any lot . . . [then come the size limitations}."

The context suggests that "structure" means "building," but if it
includes towers, then would it not also include the set-in-concrete
basketball hoops that abound in the subdivision? Not to mention the
amateur radio tower that is already there on another lot -- but I want
to make sure that the owner isn't simply "getting away with it" because
he has nice neighbors, whereas we might turn out to have not-so-nice ones.

Alan AB2OS