Old January 3rd 06, 10:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
cut this out

Default Ideas for Inside 144/440 Mhz antenna

If it works for you OK, but I would be very wary of putting a mag mount
too close to my rig in case the innards are not effectively shielded.

Butch Magee wrote:
I have a dualbander with a magmount stuck to the rig itself. It works
just fine.

KF5DE

Gary KW4Z wrote:

I am not looking to punch any holes in the walls or ceiling to get a coax
from an outdoor 144/440 Mhz antenna. I'm setting up a mobile rig powered
off an Astron Power Supply in order to allow my wife to communicate on
some
of the local repeaters so she can talk to and follow me into work.

The antenna can be simple as something that has a magnetic mount that
sets
on top of the power supply or something that might present some
measure of
gain. If any of you have eny experience with either building
antennas or
have one you purchased that you really like I would love to know what
it is
and consider it to fit my needs.

Thanks in advance

Gary