Old January 4th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Rufus T. Firefly

Default Hams in Prison?

I sometimes think up some strange questions that hold my curiosity for
sometime until
I just have to ask someone who might know.
I think I was watching a show on Discovery channel about big prisons, and
the question
occured to be: I wonder if a state of federal prisoner, in for the long
haul, has ever been
granted the priveledge of being able to operate a ham radio in his cell?
I'm sure there's
been a few licenced hams been locked up over the years, and perhaps some
warden
somewhere has been lienient enough to let a guy practice his hobby behind
bars.
Anyone ever heard of such a situation???

Anxiously awaiting replys...

Mike
KD7VRG