Old January 4th 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default ??Simple Reception Improvements??

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 21:49:41 -0500, "Brian Denley"
wrote:

David wrote:

With that radio you'd get the best results using the SSB modes. The
AM is OK for local stations in the daytime. S-AM mode doesn't really
work (Kiwa has a mod program for this). I listen to AMDX on my R-75
all night long in the SSB mode and it works extremely well. Use the
Dual PBT controls and the FIL button to get the most pleasant sound.

Funny but on all my radios, AM works extremely well.

I'm so happy for you. Where I live I can get 2 AM signals cleanly at
night, KNX and our hideous KHTS 1220. KFI has sky/ground
cancellation. Everything else is DX and subject to selective fading
all evening long.