Old January 5th 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Policy Issue: Canadian Amateurs to Lose 220-222 MHz

Jeff Hermann say use it or lose it is hogwash.

Really?

How much is 220-222 used in Canada?

Will 222-225 be overcrowded because
of the loss of 220-222?

What justification can there be for hams having
5 MHz of prime VHF spectrum if those 5 MHz
aren't being fully utilized?

Hey clown,

Brian,

I'm not a "clown".

What's with the name-calling? Are you desperate for
attention? Or do you think such behavior is somehow
justified because I disproved your claim?

I asked significant, relevant questions about the use
of 220-222 MHz by Canadian hams. Try answering
them - if you can.

In case you didn't know, 220-225 is not worldwide
exclusive amateur territory. If hams don't use it
enough, why shouldn't it be reassigned to
services that *will* use it?

why did you cut this: "and as America goes, so goes Canada."

Because it's not relevant. Also not really true in many cases.

We lost 220-222 about 15 years ago. Hardly proof of your claim.

Canada has universal health care - USA doesn't. Canada dropped
mandatory code testing some time back but worked out an
ingenious compromise. USA can't seem to find a consensus out
of 18 proposals.

Canada doesn't just follow everyhting the USA does.