Old January 5th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
M.M.

Default GeoTool antenna mounts for pickup truck stake holes

Joe S. wrote:
Anyone have experience with these mounts?

http://www.geotool.com/antmount.htm

As you see from their website, the mounts are mounted into the stake holes
in the sides of a pickup bed. Anyone here used these mounts? What was your
experience? What truck? How difficult/easy was the installation? Has the
mount lasted?

I've had one on my Ford Ranger for several years with a 10M hamstick. It
worked just fine. It was fairly easy to install...I had to remove the
taillight assy to get access to the bottom of the pocket but that was
not a big deal. I also had to drill a hole in the bottom of the pocket
and needed a drill extension to reach but that wasn't too big a deal
either. Altho the hamstick probably didn't tax it much, it seems to be a
pretty rugged unit and seems to me to be a great idea. It's held up fine
for quite a while (can't remember when I bought it) but I just removed
it a few weeks ago when I gave the truck to my kid. It got a little
rusty on top where the hamstick screws in but the rest of it is aluminum
so won't rust. I'd certainly recommend it based on my experience with
it. If the one I have will fit your truck, I'd make you a deal on it...

73... Mark AA7TA