Old February 21st 04, 08:36 AM
Ken Plumbly

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 07:31:37 -0600, me6 wrote:

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:01:14 -0600, "S. Miller"
wrote:

There can be no commercial or pecuniary interest _for the operator_. Merely
passing an unsolicited commercial blurb along with your desired content
while viewing a web page would not constitute a violation.

Agreed

But Im not in the least wanting to view web pages via ham radio.
Instead Im wanting Usenet-LIKE groups and email

It is possible, some of my first usage of the internet was via
packet using a program called jnos - tcp/ip encapsulated within
packet protocols, I had a gateway available to me, it's
fairly easy to set up, but unless you're willing to fork out
some coin for high speed packet gear, it's dreadfully slow,
I used to pass email, some news group stuff (usenet) and even
dabbled in downloading the occasional ftp file (tiny ones, 1200
baud is awfully slow) this was before the web held anything
more than a few dozen sites, archie and gopher were still
widely used.

So it is possible, but you're going to have fork out some coin
to make it happen.

Ken
mv sco /dev/null