Old January 6th 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Bill Crocker

Default RS PRO-2054 scanner trunked question....newbie

Pete:

The Radio Shack PRO-2054 is not a TrunkTracker scanner. It is a low-end,
stripped down, analog scanner, that does cover the 800MHz band, but without
trunking. I don't even know what Radio Shack just introduced this scanner,
as it is seriously lacking in the feature department!

Take it back while you still can. For the same money, you can buy the
PRO-2052, that does trunking. Or for a little more, the PRO-2051, or
PRO-2055 (on sale).

Bill Crocker

"Pete C." wrote in message
Hi,

Just got a Radio Shack PRO-2054 scanner and have a few questions: (first
scanner)

I live in Suffolk County New York and my police use that new 800 mhz
trunked
system.

[clipped]