Old January 6th 06, 08:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Best earbuds for sale in U.S.

Stereo amps run fine without a load. I suppose there could be a poorly
engineered stereo with gain in the output stage that would be unstable
without a load, but that wouldn't cause it to blow up.

There are a few electronic items that can be blown if not loaded. Some
RF amplifiers can't handle the no-load condition, but most modern gear
is engineered to handle no load and shorts. Some poorly engineered
Dc/Dc converters can't handle the no-load condition.

wrote:
The stereo channels in stereo radios (or at least in some stereo radios)
must have a feedbacl/load on them or otherwise one or the other channels
can blow/malfunction/stop working.I once read an article about that in a
magazine.I am not an expert on things like that,perhaps it depends on
the quality or how a stereo radio is designed.But I do know of one
instance of it happened to the first sound amplifier I bought at a Radio
Shack store and I am pretty sure that is what caused the problem with
the stereo AM/FM radio in his car.
cuhulin