Old January 7th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,sci.electronics.design
Wes Stewart

Default Need some pointers on building UHF/microwave 50 ohm termination/power splitter

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 16:49:52 +0100, Paul Burridge
k wrote:

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 19:40:27 -0700, Wes Stewart
wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-909A-50-Ohm-C...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks, Wes. I'll keep an eye on it.

Secondly, a 50 ohm power splitter (one feed-in; three outputs) N-type
connections, again flat up to 1.3Ghz. No switching needed, thankfully.

I must ask, what is the purpose of this?

The (thumping great) service manual that came with this VNA gives
various levels of tests that can be performed oneself prior sending
the thing away for calibration. The power splitter together with a few
other basic items enables the analyzer to 'check itself' for
fundamental operating fitness.

Okay, I couldn't figure out what operational use it would have.