Old January 7th 06, 06:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Charly

Default Sangean : differences between PT80 and ATS505/606 ?

Since I didn't find what I wanted, I made it...

In fact the PT80 (aka Grundig Yacht Boy 80) is an expensive small little
radio... I don't speak about performances, I did not try it. I'm just speaking
of features as listed on the manufacturer's web sites and so on.

Compared to the ATS 505 and 606, the PT 80 is in between the two former in size,
it has the SSB and tuning knob of the 505 but lacks the PLL.

I would say, if you need SSB takes the cheaper, 505 else take the smaller 606.

But the Kaito/Degen beat them all by far with a lots of features for a much
lower price...

http://calebrun.free.fr/radio/kaito-sangean.html

Hope this helps,

Charly