Old January 8th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap
gb

Default DRAKE 2NT Working 100% A beauty!!

" Uncle Peter" wrote in message

Greg -

One word for you: eSnipe! Generating interest in a item by early
competitive bidding usually means you'll end up paying more
than by playing it cool! Been there, done that. Having no more
room in the shop also helps...

Pete

Pete -

Yes, I have used eSnipe for items that I really want.

Workbench is full of Weller TCP-1 irons (circa 1967 to 1973) this weekend
[ Thanks to Richard, W1KSZ ]
2 of the 3 are working tonight, third will need more time for replacing
frayed cord.
Nice 1968 model goes back to Richard - ASAP for his matching black bakelite
PU-1 power unit.

I have not seen this many 1960's era TCP-1 irons, since my first repair of 5
TCP stations in 1975 ..that started me on this Weller "fix-it" path.

Other workbench has the Drake R-4C, finally got the Plextron R-720 antenna
and power cord earlier this week -- playing local VHF NWS channel !

Greg
w9gb