Old January 8th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Honest John

Default Some scanners missing at Radio Shack

"Al Klein" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 12:54:56 -0600, "Honest John"
wrote:

"Bill Crocker" wrote in message

PRO-2052 (expected)

Why the Pro-2052 ? It's an excellent scanner.

The price ended in $x.97, so its demise was expected. RS changes the
price like that when an item is doing to be discontinued.

I didn't necessarily mean "how" one could detect if a R.S. product will be
discontinued but "why" R.S. would discontinue such an excellent scanner as
the Pro-2052. I'm missing some obscure fact as to why the R.S. execs. would
chose to axe this particular scanner when they came out with such inferior
scanners that desperately need to be axed.

I have another question, the two times I tried to order the computer program
that would allow me to control the scanner from my computer met with
comments like: They discontinued that, or We can't get it in this store.
Anyone know the "real" story of the advertised computer program that some,
including myself, couldn't get ?

H.J. (still programming my scanner with one finger instead of ten)