Old January 8th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.design
Bill Janssen

Default Doppler Radar

Wes Stewart wrote:

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 14:47:08 -0800, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

What illegal? I can either retune it for a ham band or reduce power if
necessary. I'll find the hardware first and figure out the legal later.

Well, I know I'm going to be asked to leave this discussion but,
technically, unless you are IDing with your call sign every 10
minutes. it would be illegal. I seriously doubt that this was in your
plan.

Police radar guns, should you come up with one, are also licensed to
the department, assuming the cops are following the law, always a
dubious proposition.

There is a frequency near 10.5 GHz assigned for unlicensed door openers etc.
I have a few of the Gunn units that came from door openers.

Bill K7NOM

some stuff snipped