Old January 8th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Sanjaya

Default Newbie help!

"Rob Shlogman" wrote in message ...

"Sanjaya" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Rob Shlogman" wrote in message
I love shortwave but I fell off my roof trying to put up anttenna. So I
have
to wait till my leg gets better before I can put up a good one. I the
meantime I want to use a small portable type. what is a good one? Thank
you.

Rob

Degen DE1103 available on eBay, or the Kaito version 1103.
Great performance and lower cost than the excellent Sony 7600GR

I have a radio. I meant a potable antenna.

Rob

Oops... sorry.

And sorry you hurt your leg.

The Sangean ANT-60 is a good little reel up wire antenna. Can be clipped to the telescoping whip of
a portable
SW, or use a 1/8 inch antenna jack if the portable radio is so equipped. Amazon.com has a good price
on the ANT-60

Take care and get well soon.