Old January 8th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Charly

Default Newbie help!

Rob Shlogman wrote:
I have a radio. I meant a portable antenna.

Hello Rob,

I whish your leg will be healed asap...

About the antenna, you have the well-known Sony AN-LP1, but expensive. there is
a cheaper one, although said to be a bit less sensitive : Degen DE31 or Kaito
KA31 (same hardware, DEGEN is the chinese make, KAITO is the exportation make).
See review here : http://www.radiointel.com/review-degende31.htm

The Degen can be found on eBay for 16$90 + shipping (from Hong-Kong). You can
also go to some american web site such as Radios4you.com (I don't have any
interest with them, I'm just a customer, and they seam to propose the cheapest
prices on the US web : $34.95 + $7.05 shipping). They resell the KAITO radios
and accessories in the US, quite quicky (I received my antenna in 3 days), with
American waranty and manual.

No, don't ask me : I did not try the antenna yet : I'm currently traveling far
away and the antenna is in the US in my sister's home.

Charly