Old January 9th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Chassis cleaning- finger grease

I have an older Yeasu FRDX-400 pair, Rx and Tx. They are in pretty good
shape, but the chassis' are not all I would like. They appear to be
lightly plated steel, and finger prints from years gone by are sort of
etched into the plateing. Is there a good way to get that damage off
without making things worse? I'm thinkinf of the metal polish "Never
Dull," that comes in wads packed in cans.

I'm sure you fellows have seen this question many times, so what is
considered the best way? The cahssis is not actually dirty.

Thanks, Martin