Old January 9th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Any experience with the G5RV multiband wire antenna?

Ricke wrote:
If SETUP right , There the best HF I've ever used.

Maybe the only one? :-) The G5RV, with tuner, is a pretty
good 80m, 40m, 20m, and 12m antenna. If the series section
is varied from 20 feet to 36 feet, it becomes a very good
all-HF-band antenna. With the addition of a parallel 1000pf
capacitor with the series section at 22 feet, on 75m my "G5RV"
has SWR of 1.3:1 and works as well as a 75m 1/2WL dipole.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp