Old January 9th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.design
Rich Grise, but drunk

Default Doppler Radar

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 07:35:15 -0700, Wes Stewart wrote:

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 14:47:08 -0800, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

What illegal? I can either retune it for a ham band or reduce power if
necessary. I'll find the hardware first and figure out the legal later.

Well, I know I'm going to be asked to leave this discussion but,
technically, unless you are IDing with your call sign every 10
minutes. it would be illegal. I seriously doubt that this was in your
plan.

Police radar guns, should you come up with one, are also licensed to
the department, assuming the cops are following the law, always a
dubious proposition.

So, because these are -technical- newsgroups, I was being -technical-.

Now for a "prohibited" non-technical suggestion, here is one that I am
contemplating. I too live on a short, private, single-lane road, that
serves four multi-acre homesites. I am plagued by the guys driving
delivery trucks (DHL, UPS, etc) who roar down the road in a cloud of
dust while delivering to my neighbors. I have complained to UPS
repeatedly without success.

So one of these days, when I'm up to it, after they go by on the way
to the neighbor's house, I'm going to take my truck out and block the
road for 15 minutes. (A second offense will call for a penalty of 30
minutes, etc) UPS seems to have a deal with law enforcement that
exempts them from speed limits on public roads, but in AZ the statutes
say:

28-628. Rights of real property owners

This chapter does not prevent the owner of real property that is used
by the public for purposes of vehicular travel by permission of the
owner and not as a matter of right from:

1. Prohibiting that use.

2. Requiring other, different or additional conditions than those
specified in this chapter.

3. Otherwise regulating the use as deemed best by the owner.

In other words, I get to regulate the speed (I've posted it as 10
MPH). I have no power to fine UPS, but I can still cost them money.

Put up a gate and charge them $1.00 in and $100.00 out. ;-)

Good Luck!
Rich