Old January 10th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Alex Clayton

Default Pro 97

"dave" wrote in message
ups.com...
As I re read my post, let me be a little more clear.

I have my scanner programmed, and I can listen to all of the City PD
and County Sheriff, along with snow plows and city maintance crews.

All that I want to listen to is Fire calls. (I'm a ff. and I like
knowing what is going on when it is busy).
The book tells me that I can plug the code in and only listen to what I
want to hear but I'll be darned if I can get it to do it.

When you are listening to these, does the "talk group" #'s come up with each
call? Do you have the control Channel / channels programmed? Are you able to
follow the conversations without the scanner stopping on the control
channel? If it follows the conversations, is not stopping on the control and
you are seeing the Talk groups, all this is assuming you are listening to a
Motorola system, then yes all you need to do is change the bank to closed
mode. The 97 I had would not work, but from the instructions it looks almost
the same as the 95. Look in the manual under Open and closed" mode. You
"may" be almost there. You also may only have loaded the frequencies they
use, but may not have the scanner set up to trunk, so it's just stopping on
the frequency it finds traffic on. It does take a little to get used to,
when our system went to the 800 it took me a while to figure out the way to
get the 95 to trunk. If someone else here that knows the 97 better than me
does not make this any easier, try the Radio Reference site. They have some
great info to help you understand how Trunking works and how to get to where
you hear only what you want.
Moderation is for monks."
[Lazarus Long]