Old January 11th 06, 12:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Robert11

Default Inverted-L Antenna And Close Proximity Coax ?

Hello:

Planning on putting up an outside Inverted-L antenna.
Listening only.

Looks like I will be stringing the vertical section along the
house side (an inch or two off of the wood on some kind of standoffs) to the
top, where it
will begin the horiz. section to a nearby tree.

At the bottom of the vertical section, a foot or so off of the ground, I
plan on burying a long length of copper
tubing for a ground, and probably an ICE lightning protector (to the same
ground point).

A Balun and a start of the coax run to the receiver also starts at this
bottom point.

Question:
The easiest way by far for me to get the coax to the receiver is to run it
up from the Balun to my second floor where the receiver is.

If I run it upwards "right alongside" (or even tied to) the active vertical
section of the antenna, will I have any problems ?
Remember, this would be coax, and I do receiving only.

Guess I'm worried about if the grounded shield of the coax presents some
kind of ground element right next to the active element ?

Thanks,
Bob