Old January 11th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Don Bowey

Default NC-190 Ferrite Filter questions

On 1/11/06 2:05 AM, in article 1M4xf.22507$em5.3806@trnddc05, "JOHN D"
wrote:

The FL1 and FL2 ferrite filters in my NC-190 will not adjust to 230kc as
specified in the manual. About 227kc is as close as I can get them.
I can't find any info on them. Are they just coils? How do they work? Should
I just align the whole I.F. to 227kc? Any thoughts?
I think when this radio was made, it was still kilocycles. I if I align it
to khz might not function right. (joke)
Remove 1 to reply
John

FL1 and FL2 are part of the variable bandwidth filter. Did you set the
bandwidth switch to the most narrow position for doing the alignment? Are
you sure your signal generator is on frequency and that you are injecting
the signal at the right location?
Don